Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 24

Hello all!

So, this week was a tough one. I still wasn't feeling good, and ended up staying in on Wednesday. That was tough on Sister Hehl. I felt pretty badly about it. It was also hard because we have zero investigators. BUT! We have two new investigators! We've only met them once though...haha. Their names are Niko and Yerryban (Jerry, in English). Niko doesn't look super promising because he hardcore stood us up at a lesson we had planned yesterday. But Yerry is from Puerto Rico and is awesome! Hopefully we will get to teach him this week.

The highlight of my week was conference, of course. Conference = Christmas on a mission. My favorite talk was the talk Elder Holland gave. I bawled my eyes out. I've never had a talk that was like this one. I'm pretty sure Elder Holland wrote it just for me. For those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with Depression when I was sixteen. I have dealt with it since, and it has been a trial, but it has strengthened my testimony so much. When I feel at my lowest, I know that the Savior is there with me. As Elder Holland put it, "When the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and look forward to better days ahead." It strengthens me so much to know that my Savior knows what the bitter cup tastes like. He loves me, and each of us, and is on our side no matter what. Depression isn't easy to handle, but with the Savior on my side, I can do all things. (Phil 4:13)

Another thing I really loved about conference was President Uchtdorf's talk. "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." I LOVE that. Too often I get wrapped up and sucked into my doubts and blinded by them. Heavenly Father doesn't give us doubts. Satan does. We should doubt our doubts are valid before we start doubting the faith that God gave us.

This is the last week of this transfer. :( I have no clue what is going to happen, so I'm just gonna make this the best week ever. I have LOVED serving in the Mirror Lake YSA Branch. I love these kids with all of my heart. This branch is "home." But, I will go where the Lord wants me to go! Each area I have left I have felt like my heart was going to break, but I end up loving my new area just as much as my last area.

I love you all, pray for you all, and hope all is well.

Love always,

Sister Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment