Monday, October 21, 2013

What week are we on anyways? Twenty six?

Hello family and friends!
Let me tell you about the wonderful Erika!
SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!
I am so stoked for her. She is absolutely amazing. When our District Leader interviewed her, he asked, "Are you sure you aren't already a member?!" She is absolutely wonderful.
The rest of this week was decent. I'm just trying to help Sister Goble get situated in the Branch. Everyone really likes her so far! We are gonna work hard and be a great team, I can just feel it. :)
So, I wanted to share a spiritual thought this week! So all the YSA missionaries are on a rotation where we get to go to institute. This week was our week to go, and it was awesome. We were talking about the Book of Mormon and Nephi asking his brothers if they remembered things. The institute teacher showed us the hebrew word for remember. The literal translation of the word is "Our first leader who was nailed in the hand and bled." If that translation is true...how amazing! The word "remember" even reminds us of our Savior.
There was something else I was thinking about this week. Yesterday for a rest hymn we sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man." There is a line in the second verse that says "I gave him all." I was thinking about that...do I give Him all? Too often I find myself making God's work about me. I don't know if it is completely possible to give Him all as a mortal being, but I sure am working on it. I look forward to the day when I can truly have an eye single to His glory. A lofty, but worthy goal, wouldn't you say? :)
Well, that's about all for this week. We are staying busy working with Less-Actives, Kat and Joe, Yerry, and Erika as well as trying to find new investigators. I love being a missionary! I can't believe that I'm a third of the way done with my mission!!! That's craziness. I don't look forward to the day when I'll have to take my badge off. But, until then, Hurrah for Israel! Love you all so much.
Love, Sister Morrow
Rachel and & recently transferred...Sister Hehl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment