Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 18, 4 months in!

Hello all!
Fun fact: On Saturday was my 4 month "anniversary" of leaving on my mission! How crazy. I am so grateful to be a missionary!
This week has been INSANELY AWESOME. Get ready for the best story you will ever hear in your entire life:
On Tuesday, we were having a lesson with our eternal investigator, Shannon. She has been investigating the church off and on for 8 years. She just kept saying that she didn't know the church is true, so she didn't want to commit. Well I've been praying long and hard about this sweet girl. I just didn't know what to do. Every single lesson we had with her was utterly frustrating for me. I left each time wanting to pull my hair out. She was always SO CLOSE to knowing, to understanding. She just wouldn't commit!
On Tuesday, I had had enough. I remember in the MTC, an Elder in my district using Mosiah 18 to extend the baptismal invitation. So, I whipped it out and we read it with her. We expressed to her that she didn't need to KNOW to be baptized. She didn't need to be PERFECT to be baptized. When I got baptized when I was 8, I didn't know the church was true, but I believed it. And that is all that was required for me to enter into that sacred covenant with God. So after talking with her about all of this, I looked her in the eye and said: "So Shannon. Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the proper authority of God?" She sighed, put her head down on the desk, and asked, "When?"
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right then and there, she set up a Facebook event. She is getting baptized on this very SATURDAY! AUGUST 31st! I cannot express how excited I am. It is such a blessing to have been a part of this. After 8 years, Shannon is finally taking that leap of faith. She is such an incredible example to me. She has taught me that this life isn't about knowing. It is about having faith, and believing that God will make up the difference.
This church is true. I believe it and I know it! I have seen it bless so many people. I am so grateful I get to be a missionary, especially here in the Mirror Lake YSA Branch with Sister Hehl. I know that I am where I am supposed to be.
I love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Love, Sister Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment