Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello all!
It has been one crazzzzzyyy week. The craziest of my mission so far. Because it was so crazy, I'm just going to write about it day by day:
 
Monday: P-days are like my favorite and least favorites days because they are SO BUSY. But we got to go to the Redondo boardwalk on the Sound and had lunch at a restaurant called Salty's. I had crab mac and cheese. It was fantastic. :) I would send pictures but we are on rented laptops at the library and they crash if we try to send pictures. :( Maybe next week!
Tuesday: We went on an exchange with our Sister Trainer Leader. Sister Woodland, the Sister Trainer Leader came to my area. She is incredible. She has been through so much in her life and she has totally changed my outlook on missionary work. But before we went on exchanges, Sister Hehl and I went and saw a referral we had named Dave. He is a black guy in his twenties, and he is hilarious. Basically, he is my black brother. Brotha. Whatever. ;) We sat and talked with him and his girlfriend Jessica and they are on date for baptism on August 31! They are SO prepared. Jessica told us that she had been clean from drugs and alcohol for two weeks before she even met us, and Dave said he is willing to clean up his life and stop smoking eventually. It was just such a great lesson and we were so excited. On exchanges, Sister Woodland and I taught to recent converts. Those lessons were so incredibly spiritual. I love feeling the spirit testify through us that what we are teaching is true!

Wednesday: WE GOT OUR AREA BOOK! So the Elders before us had lost the Area Book at a zone conference and it somehow ended up in the Seattle mission. With a lot of phone calls and prayers, we got it back! I can't tell you what a miracle this is. The Area Book contains records of everyone that has been taught in this area, what they've learned, etc. I am so glad we got it back.

Thursday: The first day EVER that I actually enjoyed tracting. Honestly, I hated tracting with a passion. It is so terrifying to knock on someone's door and start talking about the gospel. I thought it wouldn't be that bad, but I really haven't liked it. BUT. Sister Woodland taught me a better way to tract than I had been taught. She taught me to fit principles of the gospel into the conversation right off the bat. It's a bit more aggressive than the way I had learned. Instead of just pretty much announcing who we are just to be turned away, now I ask about their beliefs and slip our beliefs in here and there. It feels so much more natural and effective. We found a lot of potential investigators, but unfortunately we can't teach like any of them because they aren't YSA's. But that's okay! Some missionary will be able to teach them! :) We also had a great church tour with Dave and Jessica. They talk a lot, but we were able to get them to quiet down and feel the spirit. It was amazing. :)
Friday: We had another AWESOME church tour with an investigator named Marshall! He accepted to be baptized on August 24th because he will be out of town on the 31st. :) He is so great and I am so excited to work with him. He first became interested when his aunt converted. He even wears a CTR ring that she gave him along with his cross. :)

Saturday: We had a pretty scary experience on Saturday. We were tracting and long story short, we ran into a situation that we needed to get out of. The spirit left almost as soon as the guy answered the door. I am so grateful for the protection God provides for His missionaries. Truly. That situation could have gotten much much worse very quickly, but the Spirit prompted us to leave so we did. I am so grateful that we have the Spirit! The second counselor in the Branch presidency's wife let us come to her house for a few minutes to cry and calm down. I am so grateful for her and for her love and concern. She was a mom when we needed one :)
Sunday: Dave and Jessica came to church. Not only did they come to church, but Dave got up AND BORE HIS TESTIMONY! He talked about how he knows the church is true, and that he knows it because we DO what Christ did. Everybody was tearing up in the audience. The spirit was so so strong! After Dave sat down, I turned to Sister Hehl and mouthed, "Is this real life?!" Then we were in charge of teaching the lesson in Relief Society about missionary work. I was nervous about what Jessica would think about us talking about what we do. But near the end of the lesson she raised her hand and said that she just wanted to thank us for being her friends and for bringing truth into her life. She said that she has never been religious, and this is the happiest she has every been in her entire life and she wishes everyone could have this joy. Sister Hehl and I totally choked up and pretty much ended the lesson there. I cannot even DESCRIBE the feelings I had yesterday. Seeing the pure joy in Dave and Jessica's eyes...there is nothing like it. They have come so far in the very short time that we have known them. The joy that missionary work brings is like an adrenaline rush that just keeps coming. So this is what it feels like to be a missionary. :)
The church is true! This gospel is true! I love being a missionary and the abundance of blessings it brings. I love you all and pray for you.
Hurrah for Israel!



Love, Sister Morrow


No comments:

Post a Comment