Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello all!
I don't have a ton of time to write this week, so sorry about that.
Highlights of the week:
-Sister Hehl got stitches on Saturday. Okay, that's not a highlight. But it was something rather big that happened haha. We were having a lesson at Dave and Jessica's house and went on a walk on the trail behind their house. We were walking back up the hill and Sister H sliced her ankle on a broken glass bottle. She didn't think it was too deep, but alas, we could see her tendon. I almost puked. Not really. But I did get shaky. But anyways, I made some slightly frantic calls to Sister Eaton and President Eaton and they directed me to take her to Urgent Care where they stitched her right up. I was actually the doctor's assistant, helping him by sanitarily (is that a word?) opening up sucher equipment. I forced myself to watch him give the stitches so that I would be less squeemish. Ya, I'm still squeamish.

 
-We had a great lesson with a less active named Orrin. I shared Mosiah 2:17 and he started crying. He said, "Sister Morrow, you are only the second person in my life to make me tear up. You have changed my life. I can tell you right now, you are meant to be on a mission here, right now. Both of you are." I was kinda just floored. What an experience.

 
-Dave and Jessica need some prayers. Satan is doing EVERYTHING in his power to work against them. But we are working even harder. I know that God is on our side and will bless them to overcome their trials.

 
-An Aunt of one of our investigators called us and chewed me out. Specifically me. For inviting her nephew to be baptized. That was fun. After the phone call I just bawled. I felt so down on myself! I have been working so hard to do God's will, and that's how I was treated. But, life is life, and that investigator has the choice to be offended about being invited to repent or has the choice to accept the invitation.

 
-The pastor that Dave and Jessica live with asked us for $300,000 for her organization. That was fun trying to explain to her that we have NO idea how to help her and that she needs to get in contact with other people. She wouldn't have it.

 
-We participated in a service project as a zone to help set up a fundraiser auction for a home for battered women. It was really fun, and we got to see a lot of beautiful art. Dad, there was an artist selling candles that were made out of rocks! The rocks were cut and polished and an oil lamp is attached to the bottom and wick comes out through the rock. He lit one for us...it was gorgeous. I wanted to buy one for you. You would love it.

 
-I just gotta say. Sister Hehl is the best. We are such great friends. I am so blessed to have her as my companion! Heavenly Father knew I would need her in my life.
Sorry this is a short one, guys! But know that this church is true!
Hurrah for Israel!
Love, Sister Morrow
 

 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment