Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hi everyone, 

Oh man. It's been quite a week.  

Okay. So highlights and lowlights of this week:
  • I am going to have my first baptism on Saturday!!! So this man, Tim Hunsaker, has been investigating the church for like fifteen years. His wife and kids are all members. His son just got his call to New Zealand. They live across the street from us. Every single companionship that has come in here has tried to get him baptized, to no avail. But, he made the decision last Sunday to be baptized! I am so excited for him. It really is a testimony builder for me that it isn't about the missionaries or anything like that. It is about the relationship between God and the individual. It is up to them to listen to the Holy Ghost and make that comittment.
  • I got to go on an exchange this week! Sister Mosbrucker is Sister Trainer Leader, so she went to Kent with Sister Cox. Sister Cox's companion SISTER BROOKE TAYLOR! came and was with me!!! Wooott! She was in my district at the MTC, and she was the one I went to lunch with before I even went on my mission. She and I have become really really good friends, and might room together at BYU when we get home. It was awesome, I loved being able to spend some time with her.
  • Thursday...the day from you know where. Thursday was really really hard.Dana dropped us. She was the first investigator I met out here in Auburn. She is the sweetest lady, and we had three lessons with her and a church tour. We had another appointment scheduled and when we showed up, she told us that she would "never come to our church and never be baptized into our church." We said that was fine, and we would drop by every once in awhile to see how she and her family is doing. I was devastated. I love Dana so much. As we were walking away from her house I was bawling. I guess it is a good thing though, because I am learning how to love the people.
  • I got held hostage. Yup. You read that right. But don't freak out yet haha. We went to visit a very less active sister named Katrina. She lives in one of the sketchier parts of our area. We knocked on the door and she came out and gave us two bags of red potatoes, a loaf of bread, two oranges, and two water bottles and told us that we needed to give them to people who need them. Okay.... So we talked with her for a minute and decided to share a quick scripture with her. I was holding both the potato bags, the bread, my bag, my scriptures...etc. As sister Mosbrucker was sharing, Katrina kept reading out loud. We were on the porch for like twenty minutes. My arms were shaking from holding all that junk. We had an appointment, and told Katrina so. We tried to leave, but she said: "No, you came into a family dispute so you need to stay and help us." She was ranting and talking forever. She made us go into her apartment and we talked to her for a bit longer. We tried to leave two other times but she wouldn't let us. We probably could have stood up and left, but we were afraid she would freak out and get physical with us. So...ya. But eventually we left. It was kinda a scary situation. Needless to say we won't be back.
  • Okay, I have never realized how important Ward members are. EVERYONE LISTEN UP: HELP THE MISSIONARIES! Our ward is great, but they are not very open and helpful. They like to keep to themselves, and they all get offended easily. We need sisters to come with us when we visit single men, but no one will come out with us! WARD MEMBERS ARE ESSENTIAL IN MISSIONARY WORK. Ward members ARE missionaries! Realize this! Be willing to go and help the missionaries! Feed them! Ask them what you can do to help! Be willing to go out with them! I had a sister in ward council tell us that she "would never go out with us." One hour was too much time away from her baby. There are thousands of missionaries serving missions for 18 to 24 months, 24 hours a day. Be willing to sacrifice an hour or two to help bring souls unto Christ.
So basically, that was my week. Full of hills and valleys, but good nonetheless. I love missionary work, and I am so grateful to be here. I love you all and appreciate your love and prayers and support. Hurrah for Israel! 

Love, Sister Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment