Monday, June 3, 2013

Hey all!

It's been quite a week. Like usual. I've decided that it is easier to do bullet points rather than paragraphs because being the English major I am, I feel like paragraphs need to connect and flow. :)
 
  • Me and my big mouth...ah man. I always get myself in trouble. Especially when it comes to authority. So...on Wednesday, we had District Meeting. The past little while, our Zone Leaders have been hounding us about numbers. Numbers numbers numbers. That is literally all they cared about. We had the goal in our mission to get 100 convert baptisms in May. (which didn't happen, we got to 84) So, the Zone Leaders were being stupid about it. I kept my mouth shut like a good Sister Missionary. At the end of the meeting as the Zone Leaders were walking out, they again said something about more numbers or getting someone baptized that day. I just light-heartedly said, "It's not all about the numbers!" That made them pretty mad. They called our District Leader and had him call us to tell us that numbers do matter. But our District Leader was 110% on our side. He said that the ZL's were getting too wrapped up in numbers and not caring about the people individually. So I told the DL to tell the ZL's that I apologized for being disrespectful. ( We aren't allowed to contact anyone directly without permission from our ZL's. We can only call our DL) Anyways. It was dumb, and I learned that I really just gotta keep my mouth shut. 
  • I got kissed. On the cheek. By a three year old little boy. :) I was giving him a high five goodbye and he gave me a huge hug and kissed me on the cheek haha. It was pretty funny and cute :)
  • Tim got baptized!!! WAAAAHHHOOO! It was incredible. We had over one hundred people show up for the service so we held it in the chapel of the Stake Center and broadcast the actual baptism from the Relief Society room to the chapel. It was so cool to see how happy the family was. He was so ready. As part of the program, while Tim and his son (who baptized him) were changing, we handed out 3x5 cards for people to write notes and testimonies on. One note said, "It's about d*** time!" Hilarious hahahahahaha. :) It was a great experience.
  • So transfers are on June 18th, and wherever I am after that transfer decides what mission I am in. I am thinking I'll end up in Federal Way so Sister Mosbrucker and I are going to do our culture day next Monday. What's a culture day? I'll tell ya. The rule in our mission is that every missionary gets one day his or her entire mission to go sight seeing in Seattle. So on Monday, we are having some members in our ward take us. :) I'm stoked. But that means I may or may not get to email on Monday, so ya. :/ I hope I don't get transferred out of this area. I am really starting to fall in love with it and with our ward. I hope that Sister Mosbrucker and I just stay together. We are getting along really well and working together really well. I feel so blessed to have such a great companion!
I love you all, and I love being a missionary! Thanks for all that you do for me.

Love, Sister Morrow

"Bella" one of Rachel's current pets :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment