Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week 2! Time flies

Dear Family (and friends!),
Wow, I can't believe how fast time has flown! I think I said this last week, but one day is a week in the MTC, and a week is a day! So so true. We leave for Seattle on Tuesday! We have to be at the travel office at five in the morning, so that will be an interesting day. But I am SOOOO excited to take what I have been learning here and apply it to teaching out in the field!
Let's see. Highlights of this week:
On Sunday, we had relief society which included all of the sisters in the MTC! We stood up and sang As Sisters in Zion. It was so powerful and wonderful. Meetings and everything was great on Sunday and it was nice to get out of the classroom haha.

I got the package and the Dear Elders from Shelby and Amberly and the letter from Sadie! Thank you guys! I love love love getting letters. The joke in my district is:
Sister Morrow: "Elder Larson, have you gotten the mail?!"
I ask all the time haha. :) Letters make me so happy.

Also, thank you to everyone for all the emails! Those are just as awesome as letters :) Hearing from loved ones is so encouraging and it seriously just makes my day. Hopefully I will be able to respond to you all more individually soon. I just don't have that much time here in the MTC.
OH! I gotta tell you about one of my investigators! So Sister Hills and I worked with a TRC investigator this week, which is a volunteer investigator. Some are members, some aren't, but we never know if they are. Her name was Barbara. She is from NJ and has been Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist and....one other one I can't remember. Our first lesson, she asked a whole bunch of questions. We kept jumping from topic to topic and I could tell she was getting confused. So we focused on her main question: What is God? We testified to her that God is a being of flesh and bones, and that he is our father who loves us. We prayed with her, and left. I felt really discouraged because it didn't go as well as I wanted it to. BUT. On Wednesday, we visited her again. She said that she had kept her commitment of prayer and felt like it made sense that God was a someBODY. It was so awesome! We had such a spiritual, wonderful lesson with her.
Yesterday, our teacher asked us to think of a question that we wanted personal revelation about from the Book of Mormon. Then we just opened up to Nephi 1 and started reading. My question was: Why am I here? Let me explain: I know I am supposed to be here. I am not at all regretting being here. I just wanted to know more about why. 1 Nephi 1...and I Nephi being born of goodly parents...There was my answer. I am here because of the way I have been raised by my goodly parents. They taught me to pray, to serve, and to love God. I am here because of their encouragement and their love. I am blessed with such an incredible heritage.

I love this gospel! I love being a missionary! This church is true! Hurrah for Israel!

Love, Sister Morrow (Rach) :)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment