Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 20


Hello all!
The email this week is probably gonna be a bit shorter! I don't have too much to write about this week, event-wise.
We had some fun "extreme" weather this week! "Extreme" for Washington, that is. :) We had a few thunderstorms and some hail. I loved it. Felt like I was back in good ole' Utah. :) That is one thing I have really really missed about UT, the thunderstorms.
We got a new investigator this week! She was a referral from the Federal Way Elders. Her name is Jennifer. She is SUPER smart. We were teaching her the Restoration and she was asking super in-depth questions like "How did Moses know he was a prophet? Did God physically talk to him?" I need to brush up on my bible stories. And then she started asking about heaven and hell. We briefly talked about paradise and prison, and the three kingdoms. She said, "Wow. I've actually thought about that before, if there is more than just heaven and hell." It was awesome.
I had an inward battle with myself this week. Everyone, here is a confession: I LOATHE tracting with every fiber of my being. I hate having to start conversations with strangers on their doorsteps. Some missionaries think it is a rush. I just get all panicky thinking about it. So I was thinking about it a lot, and questioning why I even have to tract as a YSA missionary. We just end up referring everyone to other missionaries anyways. So, I was praying about it and thinking about it a lot. The conclusion I've come to is: I tract to show obedience so the Lord can bless my efforts. Tracting isn't very effective, but I love the Lord and I am willing to try and show that through the sacrifice of tracting. Something else that I learned while having this battle: Just because I'm not good at talking to strangers doesn't mean I am a bad missionary. I have other talents and skills that are important in missionary work. Talking with strangers just isn't one of them. It was just a reminder to me that we are all different. God has given us different sets of skills, trials, etc. He loves us, and He wants us to use the talents we have, because we all have them.
Well, that's all for this week! I love you all so much. Hurrah for Israel!
Love, Sister Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment